Employment law encompasses the manner in which employers must treat employees, former employees, and applicants. Consistency and fairness are key.
This area of the law is extremely complex, with many statutes and regulations with which an employer must comply to protect itself from disputes and potential litigation. Our employment law team has developed specialized knowledge in advising and representing employers on this myriad of statutes and regulations, which include, but are not limited to:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (Title VII)
- Missouri Commission Statute
- Missouri Human Rights Act (MHRA)
- Missouri Uniform Trade Secret Act
- Missouri Wages Statute
A must see for Missouri employers!
Watch as plaintiffs' attorneys and defense attorneys discuss two scenarios involving alleged sexual harassment and alleged disability discrimination and retaliation. For more information and to view the webinar, click here: Employment Law Litigation Video Webinar
Our team of lawyers strives to provide helpful guidance and creative ideas to keep your business in compliance with complicated and shifting laws governing the employment relationship. Our lawyers have proven experience meeting the legal needs of any size organization from single employee businesses to companies employing thousands of people.
Our attorneys have substantial experience representing employers who have been sued for discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. In addition, we represent both employers and employees in lawsuits seeking enforcement of their rights under non-compete, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements.
If you are a business owner or manager, Danna McKitrick’s employment law attorneys should be your primary resource to ensure you understand and are able to negotiate and comply with the above statutes and regulations while successfully dealing with the issues that arise in the workplace, such as:
- Charges filed by employees with EEOC, MCHR, DOL, or NLRB
- Discrimination, retaliation, and sexual harassment claims
- Family and Medical Leave and other disability-related issues
- Hiring, discipline, and termination processes
- Issues related to employment, licensure, and privileges of physicians and other health care professionals and practice groups
We also assist you with the creation, administration, and enforcement of policies and procedures regarding your employees including:
- Employee benefits
- Employee policies and manuals
- Employee agreements
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission compliance
- HIPAA compliance and training
- Litigation, mediation and arbitration
- Non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Work force classification as independent contractor or as employee and as exempt or non-exempt
The workers' compensation attorneys at Danna McKitrick defend employers and insurers in workers’ compensation matters in both Missouri and southern Illinois. We provide diligent and comprehensive defense to our clients. We aggressively defend the interests of employers and insurers as well as third party administrators in workers’ compensation cases. Our attorneys keep informed and stay current on all developments and changes to case law in Missouri and Illinois, ensuring the best possible representation and results for our clients.
Our attorneys are experienced in all phases of workers’ compensation defense, and we have extensive experience at the trial and appellate levels.