Insurance Defense. Katherine routinely represents insurance companies and their insureds through all phases of litigation (from the initial intake of a matter through pre-trial and trial preparation), primarily involving third-party personal injury claims related to automobile accidents and first-party insurance. She has also been successful in applying her direct negotiation and mediation skills to resolve matters prior to litigation when possible.
Business Litigation. Katherine represents individuals and businesses of varied sizes, from closely-held, family-owned businesses, to large corporations in all stages of litigation. She has experience working on complex commercial and business disputes.
Employment Law. Katherine represents businesses in various employment-related issues such as employment agreements, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, and defending employment discrimination cases.
Bankruptcy. Katherine represents clients on both the creditor and debtor side of bankruptcy. On the creditor side, Katherine has assisted businesses and individuals in asserting claims against bankruptcy estates and other related matters. On the debtor side, Katherine has represented debtors in complex Chapter 7 liquidation and Chapter 11 reorganization cases, and has also been successful in achieving out-of-court workouts with creditors. Katherine has also assisted individuals and businesses in asset purchases in Chapter 11 cases.
Prior to joining Danna McKitrick, Katherine also gained litigation experience, primarily in the area of employment law and insurance defense.
- Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce
- J.D., cum laude, University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law (2015), Order of the Coif; Student Ambassador, Associate of The Journal of Dispute Resolution, Women’s Law Association, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society; Awards: Gerard P. Fleischut Labor Law Award; Thomas E. McCarthy Labor Law Award; CALI Excellence Award – Labor Law; CALI Excellence Award – Food Law & Policy; CALI Excellence Award – Administrative Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, Lindenwood University (2012), Women’s Softball, Scholar Athlete Award (3 years)
- MODL Trial Academy (2017)
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri and Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
#MeToo Movement Spurs a 50 Percent Increase in EEOC Sexual Harassment LawsuitsIt comes as no surprise that one year after the rise of the ... Read more »
Employers With Arbitration Clauses Win – Part One: The U.S. Supreme Court Embraces Arbitration Agreements with Class Action WaiversThe U.S. Supreme Court upheld the legality of class action w... Read more »
Salaries Speak Louder than Words: The Ninth Circuit Holds that Prior Salary Cannot Justify Wage DisparitiesIn April 2018, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals held in Ri... Read more »