Katherine M. Flett
Print Bio Vcard
Business Law. Katherine advises businesses of varied sizes, from closely-held, family-owned businesses, to large corporations. She assists them with corporate governance matters, contract review and disputes, and any other issues that businesses face.
Employment Law. Katherine represents businesses in various employment-related issues such as employment agreements, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, and defending employment discrimination cases.
Litigation. Katherine prides herself on keeping her clients out of court, but when necessary, she is a zealous advocate in the courtroom. She has experience litigating cases, both on the plaintiff and defendant side, from start to finish. She has also been successful in applying her direct negotiation and mediation skills to resolve matters prior to trial.
Transportation & Trucking Law. Katherine represents trucking companies with regard to compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, owner-operator agreements, business torts, claims defense, litigation defense, regulatory matters, employment-related issues and others.
Real Estate. Katherine represents property owners, contractors, lenders, and neighborhood associations in various real estate matters, including contract negotiation and disputes, litigation, liens, property easements, and indentures.
Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights. Katherine has assisted businesses and individuals in asserting claims against bankruptcy estates, obtaining relief from the bankruptcy stay, defending objections to claims, asserting non-dischargability claims, and defending preference claims.
Local Counsel. Katherine has served as local counsel and assisted out-of-state attorneys with pro hac vice admission in cases for businesses and individuals. She is familiar with the local rules and procedures of the courts listed below and can assist in determining the best strategy in these venues. Katherine is available to serve as local counsel for cases filed in the following courts: Missouri Circuit Courts for the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, St. Charles County, and Jefferson County; Illinois Circuit Courts for Madison County and St. Clair County; the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri; and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Prior to joining Danna McKitrick, Katherine also gained litigation experience, primarily in the area of employment law and insurance defense.
Katherine serves as Treasurer on the Executive Committee for the Board of Directors of the St. Charles (MO) Regional Chamber. She is also on the Board of Directors of the Professional Women's Alliance and chairs its mentorship program.
Katherine received a 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America recognitionTM for her work in Insurance Defense. She was also honored as one of the 2022 "Top 100 People to Know in St. Louis to Help You Succeed in Business in St. Louis" by the St. Louis Small Business Monthly (SBM) magazine.
- St. Charles Regional Chamber, Executive Committee
- Professional Women's Alliance, board member and mentoring co-chair
- O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce and Industries
- Rosati-Kain High School Alumnae Association
- Sigma Sigma Sigma Greater St. Louis Area Alumnae Association
- St. Louis BBQ Society Certified Judge
- J.D., cum laude, University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law (2015), Order of the Coif; Student Ambassador, Associate of The Journal of Dispute Resolution, Women’s Law Association, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society; Awards: Gerard P. Fleischut Labor Law Award; Thomas E. McCarthy Labor Law Award; CALI Excellence Award – Labor Law; CALI Excellence Award – Food Law & Policy; CALI Excellence Award – Administrative Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, Lindenwood University (2012), Women’s Softball, Scholar Athlete Award (3 years)
- MODL Trial Academy (2017)
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri and Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
- Professional Women's Alliance of STL, board member
- St. Charles Regional Chamber of Commerce, board member
- O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce and Industries
- 2022 Top 100 People to Know to Help You Succeed in Business in St. Louis, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
- 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America
Sexual Harassment Policies for the Trucking Industry: Best PracticesThe current over-the-road driver shortage has created increa... Read more »
Unpaid Leave for Victims of Domestic or Sexual Violence Now Required in MissouriAuthored by Katherine M. Flett with assistance from Haley E.... Read more »
Religious Exemptions to COVID-19 Vaccination Mandates under Title VII and the EEOC’s Additional GuidanceWith continued and widespread COVID-19 infection and the FDA... Read more »
- Katherine Flett and Lauren Wood Elected PrincipalsKatherine Flett and Lauren Wood has been elected as Principals at Danna McKitrick, P.C. Read more »
- Katherine Flett Discusses Sexual Harassment Policies for Trucking CompaniesKatherine Flett discusses best practices for sexual harassment policies in the trucking industry. Read more »
- Katherine Flett Named One of the Top 100 People to Know to Succeed in Business in St. LouisKatherine M. Flett has been named as one of the 2022 Top 100 People to Know to Help You Succeed in Business in St. Louis. Read more »
- Katherine Flett and a Case Study on the Trucking Industry and Driver Classification IssuesKatherine Flett has had a case study published in the Transportation Lawyer Journal on the trucking industry and driver classification issues. Read more »
- Ruth Binger and Katherine Flett Present on Missouri Employers and Medical MarijuanaRuth Binger and Katherine Flett presented a Facebook Live webinar on Missouri Employers and Medical Marijuana for the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce, Read more »
- Ruth Binger and Katherine Flett Present on Compliant Workplaces and COVID-19Ruth Binger and Katherine Flett presented a Facebook Live webinar on compliant workplace environments and COVID-19 for the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce, Read more »
- Katherine Flett Elected to Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce Board of DirectorsKatherine M. Flett has been elected to serve on the board of directors for the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce. Read more »
- Danna McKitrick Adds Litigation AssociateDanna McKitrick, P.C. has announced the addition of Katherine M. Flett to the firm. Read more »