Insurance Defense. Katherine routinely represents insurance companies and their insureds through all phases of litigation (from the initial intake of a matter through pre-trial and trial preparation), primarily involving third-party personal injury claims related to automobile accidents and first-party insurance. She has also been successful in applying her direct negotiation and mediation skills to resolve matters prior to litigation when possible.
Business Litigation. Katherine represents individuals and businesses of varied sizes, from closely-held, family-owned businesses, to large corporations in all stages of litigation. She has experience working on complex commercial and business disputes.
Employment Law. Katherine represents businesses in various employment-related issues such as employment agreements, including non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, and defending employment discrimination cases.
Transportation and Trucking Law. Katherine represents trucking companies with regard to compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, owner-operator agreements, business torts, claims defense, litigation defense, regulatory matters, employment-related issues and others.
Bankruptcy. Katherine represents clients on both the creditor and debtor side of bankruptcy. On the creditor side, Katherine has assisted businesses and individuals in asserting claims against bankruptcy estates and other related matters. On the debtor side, Katherine has represented debtors in complex Chapter 7 liquidation and Chapter 11 reorganization cases, and has also been successful in achieving out-of-court workouts with creditors. Katherine has also assisted individuals and businesses in asset purchases in Chapter 11 cases.
Local Counsel. Katherine has served as local counsel and assisted out-of-state attorneys with pro hac vice admission in cases for businesses and individuals. She is familiar with the local rules and procedures of the courts listed below and can assist in determining the best strategy in these venues. Katherine is available to serve as local counsel for cases filed in the following courts: Missouri Circuit Courts for the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, St. Charles County, and Jefferson County; Illinois Circuit Courts for Madison County and St. Clair County; the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri; and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Prior to joining Danna McKitrick, Katherine also gained litigation experience, primarily in the area of employment law and insurance defense.
Katherine serves on the board of the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce.
- Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce, board member
- Professional Women's Alliance, board member
- Rosati-Kain High School Alumnae Association
- Sigma Sigma Sigma Greater St. Louis Area Alumnae Association
- St. Louis BBQ Society Certified Judge
- J.D., cum laude, University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law (2015), Order of the Coif; Student Ambassador, Associate of The Journal of Dispute Resolution, Women’s Law Association, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society; Awards: Gerard P. Fleischut Labor Law Award; Thomas E. McCarthy Labor Law Award; CALI Excellence Award – Labor Law; CALI Excellence Award – Food Law & Policy; CALI Excellence Award – Administrative Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, Lindenwood University (2012), Women’s Softball, Scholar Athlete Award (3 years)
- MODL Trial Academy (2017)
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri and Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
High Burden of Proof Established for COVID-19 Exposure, Medical, and Products Liability ActionsThe Missouri House voted to pass Missouri Senate Bill 51, wh... Read more »
Illinois Enacts New Restrictions for Considering Criminal History in Employment Decisions and Equal Pay RequirementsEmployment law changes regarding human rights and equal pay ... Read more »
Salaries Speak Louder than Words: Equal Pay Day 2021Equal Pay Day 2021 is March 24, symbolizing how far into the... Read more »
- Katherine Flett and a Case Study on the Trucking Industry and Driver Classification IssuesKatherine Flett has had a case study published in the Transportation Lawyer Journal on the trucking industry and driver classification issues. Read more »
- Ruth Binger and Katherine Flett Present on Missouri Employers and Medical MarijuanaRuth Binger and Katherine Flett presented a Facebook Live webinar on Missouri Employers and Medical Marijuana for the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce, Read more »
- Ruth Binger and Katherine Flett Present on Compliant Workplaces and COVID-19Ruth Binger and Katherine Flett presented a Facebook Live webinar on compliant workplace environments and COVID-19 for the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce, Read more »
- Katherine Flett Elected to Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce Board of DirectorsKatherine M. Flett has been elected to serve on the board of directors for the Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce. Read more »
- Danna McKitrick Adds Litigation and Transactional AssociatesDanna McKitrick, P.C. has announced the addition of Katherine M.... Read more »