Brian S. Weinstock
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- J.D., cum laude, Michigan State University College of Law (1994), Dean’s List
- M.B.A., finance and management concentrations, Washington University John M. Olin Business School (2003), Washington University John M. Olin Business School (2003), Professional Achievement Award, business ethics student-teacher, part-time advisory board to faculty and Dean, Faculty Curriculum Committee; commencement speaker
- B.A., political science, University of Kansas (1990)
Brian’S BLOG POSTS
ROBS Transactions as a Financial Investment Tool: Legal Traps for the UnwaryOver the last few years, ROBS transactions have dramatically... Read more »
Workers Can Now Sue Each Other for Negligent Acts Committed Against Each OtherThere are some unfortunate unintended consequences of the Au... Read more »
Brian Weinstock concentrates his practice in real estate and corporate transactional law, workers’ compensation, insurance defense, and other civil and commercial litigation. He is a member of the firm’s executive committee.
Brian’s M.B.A., coupled with his work experience, gives him added perspective in organizational behaviors. For businesses of all sizes, he provides financial and legal analysis as well as operational strategies and ideas to manage financial and legal risk.
Litigation. Brian assists businesses and insurers with managing risk and coverage options. He handles workers’ compensation, insurance defense, and various other civil and commercial disputes including many trials and settlements of high-dollar claims.
Real Estate. Brian’s legal counsel and litigation representation cover virtually all aspects of real estate transactions including due diligence, leasing, financing, management, contracts, and oversight.
Corporate Law. Advising clients proactively, Brian applies years of corporate legal experience and understanding of the inner-workings of business. He offers guidance to minimize operational vulnerabilities, consider financial implications, and develop strategic direction. He also serves as general counsel for two companies.
Brian believes that maintaining an open line of communication is essential in his legal practice. To that end, he strives to be available to answer questions as they arise and return calls quickly. These actions reflect Brian’s reliability and commitment to earning trust as the first person business clients call.
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Employer and HR issues including workers’ compensation, policies, and risk management
- “Workplace Accidents and Compensable Claims,” Associated Industries of Missouri (AIM) Human Resources, October 2014 webinar
- “Legal Ethics for Everyday Practice,” National Business Institute (NBI), June 2012
- “11th Annual Landlord-Tenant Law Seminar,” Sterling Education Services, co-presenter, July 2012
- “Missouri Second Injury Fund,” AIM Environmental, Health, and Safety Committee, June 2011 webinar
- “How to Handle an Insurance Claim,” Lorman Educational Services
- “Workers’ Compensation Update,” Lorman Educational Services
- Former adjunct professor of finance and business ethics, Fontbonne University
- Brian Weinstock Quoted in St Louis Business Journal on Recent Historic Tax Credits JudgmentA St. Louis Business Journal article features Danna McKitrick attorney, Brian... Read more »
- Danna McKitrick Attorney, Brian Weinstock, Earns Judgment Involving Historic Tax CreditsBREACH OF CONSTRUCTION AND FINANCING CONTRACT St. Louis, MO – In... Read more »