Michael Cherba is a member of the Danna McKitrick litigation team. He focuses on insurance-related, business, and civil litigation matters of his clients.
Michael is a versatile, experienced litigator; as a former Assistant Attorney General for the State of Missouri, his practice included consumer protection, administrative/professional licensing, and a wide variety of other types of cases. During his time with the Missouri Attorney General’s office, Michael gained jury trial experience, litigated more than 50 bench trials and defended 20 decisions in circuit court appeals. Michael also has significant appellate experience, having briefed and argued six cases in the Missouri Court of Appeals.
Michael is a court-appointed attorney for proposed wards in guardianship proceedings in the city of St. Louis. He also serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Missouri Lawyer Trust Account Foundation.
Prior to his career as an attorney, Michael served in two federal positions in Washington, D.C. He was Special Assistant to the Director of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management and a Staff Assistant/Caseworker in The White House, Office of Agency Liaison.
Michael is an active volunteer with Young Friends of Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, where he serves as board secretary. He is president of the board of directors for Willows Way, Inc., a non-profit agency that supports individuals with developmental disabilities. Michael has served as a leisure activity program volunteer for St. Louis Arc and as a general election monitor in 2008, 2012, and 2016.
- Willows Way, Inc., board president
- Young Friends of Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, board secretary
- J.D., Washington University School of Law (2007), The Devil’s Advocate editor-in-chief, American Constitution Society board member.
- B.A.,political science, Michigan State University (1999), Study in Washington, D.C. program participant.
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar, former Young Lawyers Section council member
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Lawyer Trust Account Foundation, member of the Board of Directors