Michael J. McKitrick
Print Bio Vcard
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Mike McKitrick brings strategies and problem-solving to businesses by applying perspective and wisdom gleaned from many years of practicing in both transactional law and commercial litigation. This duality allows Mike to introduce significant insights and preventative strategies in day-to-day operations.
Corporate. Mike serves large and small businesses as outsourced general counsel, providing advice and assistance as legal issues arise. He guides in structuring and negotiating business transactions, financial transactions and loan documentation, risk analysis and prevention, and regulatory issues.
Trusts and Estates. As a trusted advisor, Mike works with clients to plan and implement their estate distributions. He also works to resolve issues involving owners, trustees, and beneficiaries of trusts.
Mike represented the plaintiff beneficiary in Tidrow v. Director, Missouri State Division of Family Services which established the viability of supplement support trusts in Missouri.
Real Estate. Representing investors and owners, Mike is seasoned in the legal aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions. He handles purchase, sale, and lease negotiations. He also resolves title issues, breaches of contract, partition disputes, licenses, easements, and indentures.
Mike models his personal service philosophy of “abilities”: availability, affability, and ability. His persistence and desire to understand and deal successfully with a variety of people have been core in the growth of his legal practice.
After law school, Mike served as a 1st Lieutenant in the U.S. Army.
Recent Representative Transactions:
- Represented educational and health care institutions in bond financing projects
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of substantial transportation business
- Represented trustee in complex trust modification action
- SLARC: Human Rights Committee, former Professional Advisory Board member
- J.D., with distinction, College of Law University of Iowa (1973), Iowa Law Review Board of Editors
- B.A., with distinction, Northern Illinois University (1970)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, former chair Real Estate and Development Committee of Business Law Section
- Missouri Bankers Association
- Estate Planning Council of St. Louis
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- 2014 “Top 100 St. Louisans to Know to Succeed in Business” honoree, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
Contracts: The BasicsUnderstanding contracts is essential for a small business. C... Read more »
Your Business Needs an Estate Plan, TooYes, small businesses need estate plans. Business estate pla... Read more »
Essential Points to Follow When Entering Into or Renewing Your LeaseIn spite of the uncertainties caused by the pandemic, your l... Read more »
- Mike McKitrick Discusses the Basics of ContractsMike McKitrick discusses why it is important to understand the basics of contracts for your business in the May 2023 St. Louis Small Business Monthly. Read more »
- Mike McKitrick Discusses Why Businesses Need an Estate PlanMike McKitrick discusses why it is important for business owners to have estate plans for their business in the September 2022 St. Louis Small Business Monthly. Read more »
- Mike McKitrick Provides Tips for New or Renewing Commercial LeasesMike McKitrick discusses things to consider when renewing or negotiating a commercial lease in the October issue of the St. Louis Small Business Monthly. Read more »
- Mike McKitrick Named as “St. Louisan to Know”Michael J. McKitrick has been named one of the 2014... Read more »
- Michael McKitrick Elected to Executive CommitteeLAW FIRM DANNA MCKITRICK ANNOUNCES LEADERSHIP CHANGES St. Louis, MO –... Read more »