Danna McKitrick’s Education Law team advocates for with clients who have children with special needs. Whether working with federal and state laws or regulations, our attorneys provide counsel on special education matters. They work to ensure that students with special needs receive the accommodations they need for their education.
Our Education Law attorneys can advise you regarding accommodations for your child in many ways, including:
- Assisting with requesting an evaluation for special education services
- Advocating for your child’s rights for accommodation
- Representing you in meetings and attending the evaluation/eligibility meeting
- Resolving disputes with the school, the school district, or school personnel
- Reviewing documents related to your child’s education
- Preparing for and representing you in court proceedings and due process proceedings
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Section 504 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (504s)
- Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA)
- Behavioral Intervention Plan (BIP)
- College students with disabilities needing assistance with obtaining and maintaining accommodations.