David A. Zobel
David Zobel assists clients with business and litigation matters, primarily in the areas of contract, banking, insurance, real estate, trust and probate litigation, and professional liability and surety defense.
While the majority of David’s clients are small to midsize companies, he regularly counsels individuals, associations, financial institutions, underwriters, sureties, and other insurers. When serving his clients, David utilizes a direct, cost-effective, and common sense approach to evaluate, manage, and timely resolve client risks and claims.
David has experience representing clients in both the trial and appellate courts. Along with Danna McKitrick attorney Jeffrey R. Schmitt, David wrote the brief in Naylor Senior Citizens Housing, LP, et al. v. Sides Construction Company, Inc., et al., a case in which their client prevailed before the Missouri Supreme Court. The case clarified the restrictions imposed upon business entities appearing before Missouri courts.
Outside of the firm, David attempts to golf and enjoys boating at the Ozarks as well as volunteering in his local communities. David was appointed to the Board of Adjustment for the City of Olivette, Board of Directors for the Clayton Chamber of Commerce, and additionally serves as trustee of his homeowner’s association. Prior to joining Danna McKitrick, he served as a legal extern at the Missouri Court of Appeals.
- Olivette Board of Adjustment
- Clayton Chamber of Commerce, board membe
- Young Friends of the Clayton Chamber Planning Committee
- Clayton “Parties in the Park” Planning Committee
- Graduate of Leadership Clayton, 2015
- Mizzou Tiger Club – St. Louis, former board member
- University of Missouri Alumni Association
- De Smet Alumni Association
- Creve Coeur/Olivette Chamber of Commerce
- Maryland Heights Chamber of Commerce
- J.D., cum laude, Saint Louis University School of Law (2011), Dean’s List, Journal of Health Law and Policy Staff Editor, Health Law Association, Legal Research and Writing Teaching Assistant
- B.A., political science, leadership and public service minor, cum laude, University of Missouri-Columbia (2008), Dean’s List, Political Science Departmental Honors, General Honors Certificate, Alpha Kappa Lambda, Pi Sigma Alpha President
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
Real Estate & Beyond the Fine Print
Should I Employ an Attorney to Assist My Real Estate Business?Part 12 of a 12-part series by David A. Zobel on Legal Consi... Read more »
A Family Member Died, Now What? How to Begin Winding up a Relative’s Legal AffairsThe death of a loved one is never easy and will likely be an... Read more »
A Family Member Died, Now What? Preparing for the Initial Meeting with the AttorneyIn our recent post “A Family Member Died, Now What? How to B... Read more »
- Attorneys Jeff Schmitt and David Zobel Argue Successfully Before Missouri Supreme CourtJeffrey R. Schmitt and David A. Zobel, attorneys with Danna... Read more »
- David A. Zobel Promoted to Associate by Danna McKitrickLitigation Group Continues to Grow David A. Zobel has been promoted to... Read more »