David A. Zobel
Clients look to David Zobel as both a trusted advisor and experienced advocate. Whether counseling clients on business planning and transactional matters in the boardroom or defending client interests in the courtroom, David utilizes a direct, common-sense approach in understanding his clients’ goals, managing their risk, and resolving claims. Attention to detail, timely results, and a genuine interest in his clients’ successes serve as the foundation of his dynamic and rewarding practice.
Emerging and established businesses, individuals, lenders, community associations, and insurers engage David as outside corporate counsel for a wide array of legal and business challenges primarily in the following areas:
Corporate. David counsels businesses on a variety of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, buy/sell agreements, licenses, contracts, entity formation and re-structuring, shareholder agreements and disputes, real estate transactions, succession planning, and general corporate governance.
Banking and Finance. David advises on and prepares loan documentation for acquisitions, lines of credit, and operating loans. He also assists lenders with troubled loans from initial loan review to modifications and forbearance agreements, deed-in-lieu agreements, foreclosures, and workout litigation and collections.
Real Estate. David assists buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants in reviewing, negotiating, documenting, and closing commercial and residential property transactions. His real estate practice also includes advising community associations and representing national title underwriters in correcting and resolving title disputes.
Commercial Litigation. David has successfully prosecuted actions and defended clients in multiple state, federal, and administrative forums, including Missouri’s Supreme Court in Naylor Senior Citizens v. Sides Construction, et al., 423 S.W.3d 238 (Mo. banc 2014) which clarified Missouri’s restrictions on businesses and the unauthorized practice of law. David’s trial practice includes an extensive record of briefing and arguing dispositive motions, representing clients at mediation, serving as trial counsel, and negotiating settlements.
Probate, Trust and Fiduciary Representation. David represents regional and national surety companies managing and limiting bond liability exposure in probate disputes. In addition, he assists families, trustees, personal representatives, and other fiduciaries in understanding and navigating probate and trust administrations.
Outside of the firm, David volunteers time in his community. David was appointed to the Board of Adjustment for the City of Olivette and the Board of Directors for the Clayton Chamber of Commerce.
Prior to joining Danna McKitrick, David served as a legal extern at the Missouri Court of Appeals.
David was honored as one of the 2019 "Best Attorneys" by St. Louis Small Business Monthly.
- Olivette Board of Adjustment, board member
- Clayton Chamber of Commerce, board member
- Young Friends of the Clayton Chamber Planning Committee, former board member
- Clayton “Parties in the Park” Planning Committee, former board member
- Graduate of Leadership Clayton, 2015
- Mizzou Tiger Club – St. Louis, former board member
- University of Missouri Alumni Association
- De Smet Alumni Association
- Creve Coeur/Olivette Chamber of Commerce
- Maryland Heights Chamber of Commerce
- J.D., cum laude, Saint Louis University School of Law (2011), Dean’s List, Journal of Health Law and Policy Staff Editor, Health Law Association, Legal Research and Writing Teaching Assistant
- B.A., political science, leadership and public service minor, cum laude, University of Missouri-Columbia (2008), Dean’s List, Political Science Departmental Honors, General Honors Certificate, Alpha Kappa Lambda, Pi Sigma Alpha
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- 2019 "Best Attorneys" honoree, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
Real Estate & Beyond the Fine Print
Should I Employ an Attorney to Assist My Real Estate Business?Part 12 of a 12-part series by David A. Zobel on Legal Consi... Read more »
A Family Member Died, Now What? How to Begin Winding up a Relative’s Legal AffairsThe death of a loved one is never easy and will likely be an... Read more »
A Family Member Died, Now What? Preparing for the Initial Meeting with the AttorneyIn our recent post “A Family Member Died, Now What? How to B... Read more »
- David A. Zobel Elected Principal at Danna McKitrick, P.C.The law firm of Danna McKitrick, P.C., is pleased to announce the election of David A. Zobel to the position of principal, effective January 1, 2018. Read more »
- Attorneys Jeff Schmitt and David Zobel Argue Successfully Before Missouri Supreme CourtJeffrey R. Schmitt and David A. Zobel, attorneys with Danna... Read more »
- David A. Zobel Promoted to Associate by Danna McKitrickLitigation Group Continues to Grow David A. Zobel has been promoted to... Read more »