Brian S. Weinstock
Brian Weinstock concentrates his practice in real estate and corporate transactional law, workers’ compensation, insurance defense, and other civil and commercial litigation.
Brian’s M.B.A., coupled with his work experience, gives him added perspective in organizational behaviors. For businesses of all sizes, he provides financial and legal analysis as well as operational strategies and ideas to manage financial and legal risk.
Litigation. Brian assists businesses and insurers with managing risk and coverage options. He handles workers’ compensation, insurance defense, and various other civil and commercial disputes including many trials and settlements of high-dollar claims.
Real Estate. Brian’s legal counsel and litigation representation cover virtually all aspects of real estate transactions including due diligence, leasing, financing, management, contracts, and oversight.
Corporate Law. Advising clients proactively, Brian applies years of corporate legal experience and understanding of the inner-workings of business. He offers guidance to minimize operational vulnerabilities, consider financial implications, and develop strategic direction. He also serves as general counsel for two companies.
Brian believes that maintaining an open line of communication is essential in his legal practice. To that end, he strives to be available to answer questions as they arise and return calls quickly. These actions reflect Brian’s reliability and commitment to earning trust as the first person business clients call.
Education Law. Brian’s practice in Education Law specifically relates to the following:
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Section 504 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (504s)
- Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA)
- Behavioral Intervention Plan (BIP)
- College students with disabilities who need assistance with obtaining and maintaining accommodations
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- "Work Comp and Unemployment Benefits/Claims," 2020 Associated Industries of Missouri (AIM) Tax, Manufacturing & Business Conference, October 2020
- Employer and HR issues including workers’ compensation, policies, and risk management
- “Workplace Accidents and Compensable Claims,” Associated Industries of Missouri (AIM) Human Resources, October 2014 webinar
- “Legal Ethics for Everyday Practice,” National Business Institute (NBI), June 2012
- “11th Annual Landlord-Tenant Law Seminar,” Sterling Education Services, co-presenter, July 2012
- “Missouri Second Injury Fund,” AIM Environmental, Health, and Safety Committee, June 2011 webinar
- “How to Handle an Insurance Claim,” Lorman Educational Services
- “Workers’ Compensation Update,” Lorman Educational Services
- Former adjunct professor of finance and business ethics, Fontbonne University
- Creve Coeur Chamber of Commerce
- J.D., cum laude, Michigan State University College of Law (1994), Dean’s List
- M.B.A., finance and management concentrations, Washington University John M. Olin Business School (2003), Professional Achievement Award, business ethics student-teacher, part-time advisory board to faculty and Dean, Faculty Curriculum Committee; commencement speaker
- B.A., political science, University of Kansas (1990)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Missouri Venture Forum
- Mortgage Bankers Association of St. Louis
- National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators (NSPII)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
CDC Temporary Halt in Residential Evictions to Prevent the Further Spread of COVID-19On March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic... Read more »
ROBS Transactions as a Financial Investment Tool: Legal Traps for the UnwaryOver the last few years, ROBS transactions have dramatically... Read more »
- Ruth Binger and Brian Weinstock Presented at Virtual 2020 Associated Industries of Missouri ConferenceRuth Binger was a Marijuana Panel member and Brian Weinstock presented on Work Comp and Unemployment Benefits/Claims at 2020 AIM conference. Read more »
- Brian Weinstock Quoted in St Louis Business Journal on Recent Historic Tax Credits JudgmentA St. Louis Business Journal article features Danna McKitrick attorney, Brian... Read more »
- Danna McKitrick Attorney, Brian Weinstock, Earns Judgment Involving Historic Tax CreditsBREACH OF CONSTRUCTION AND FINANCING CONTRACT St. Louis, MO – In... Read more »
- Brian Weinstock, Attorney, is Adjunct Professor at Fontbonne UniversitySt. Louis, MO – Fontbonne University has added Danna McKitrick principal Brian S. Weinstock Read more »
- Brian S. Weinstock Appointed to SSM Rehab Foundation BoardSt. Louis, MO – Danna McKitrick attorney Brian S. Weinstock joins the SSM Rehabilitation Foundation Board Read more »