Tom DeWoskin has practiced in the field of bankruptcy and general insolvency law for more than 35 years. He leads the firm’s bankruptcy and creditor’s rights practice group. Tom also served as a bankruptcy trustee in the Eastern District of Missouri for most of his career.
Tom believes that getting to know his clients, their business and their goals is important in delivering efficient and effective representation. He has represented:
- Debtors in Chapter 11 reorganization cases in various industries.
- Debtors in complex Chapter 7 liquidation cases.
- Debtors in out-of-court workouts.
- Secured and unsecured creditors in both Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases.
- Creditors’ Committees in Chapter 11 cases.
- Other bankruptcy trustees.
- Purchasers of assets out of Chapter 11 cases.
Additionally, Tom has served as receiver in the Missouri state courts.
As a result of his experience in all aspects of the area, Tom is better able to understand the positions of all sides and therefore negotiate more effectively. Whatever the nature of the counsel he provides, his goal is to protect his clients’ interests by developing thoughtful, cost-effective solutions to their needs.
Well regarded in his field, Tom has written articles on various bankruptcy and commercial law topics for general and professional publications. He speaks before a variety of professional groups and local, state and national legal associations.
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- “Bankruptcy,” Missouri Creditor’s-Debtor’s Remedies Deskbook, Chapter 10 and subsequent supplements.
- “Stays,” Missouri Practice Deskbook, Chapter 7.
- 2016-17 Multiple presentations on the new Missouri Commercial Receivership Act
- 2015 Annual Missouri Bar Solo and Small Firm Conference
- 2012 Annual Missouri Bar Bankruptcy Institute
- 2011 Annual Missouri Bar Bankruptcy Institute
- “Interaction of Real Estate Law and Bankruptcy Law,” 2006 Annual Missouri Bar Real Estate Institute
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania (1976)
- B.A., with high honors, University of Michigan (1973), Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri and Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar
- Turnaround Management Association, former board member
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Tom DeWoskin Appointed as Receiver for Shaun Hayes’ Partnership InterestsTom DeWoskin, an attorney with Danna McKitrick P.C.’s Bankruptcy and... Read more »
- Attorney Tom DeWoskin on the Sale of TV Stations in Roberts Brothers Bankruptcy CaseBoth the St. Louis Post-Distpatch via stltoday.com and the St..... Read more »
- Attorney Tom DeWoskin on the Risk of Bankruptcy for the City of St. LouisA. Thomas DeWoskin, bankruptcy attorney with Danna McKitrick, P.C., discussed... Read more »
- Fewer Business Bankruptcies in St. Louis: Bankruptcy Attorney Tom DeWoskin's PerspectiveTom DeWoskin, a seasoned bankruptcy attorney with over three decades of experience, weighs in on the dramatic decrease Read more »
- Tom DeWoskin Comments on Effect of Economy on Small BusinessUnfortunately, one of Tom DeWoskin's clients needs to file for Chapter 11 reorganization. Read more »
- New Bankruptcy Law Produces Unforeseen Results, Experts SayTom DeWoskin talked about the disparity in the application of the means test. "So whether or not I have to pass the means test is determined by the size of my house. Read more »