Kevin E. Myers
Kevin Myers represents clients in commercial and civil litigation, primarily in insurance defense and insurance coverage matters in Missouri and Illinois.
Working with insurance companies, Kevin resolves complex coverage issues arising from first- and third-party claims made on casualty and liability insurance policies. For many of these cases, he has argued before the Court of Appeals.
Within the transportation sector, Kevin defends trucking companies, airlines, and rental car companies in negligence matters. He serves department stores and restaurants with premises liability issues, and represents individuals and corporations in product liability matters.
Kevin’s litigation experience also encompasses surety work involving payment and performance bonds, and probate bonds.
Some of his accomplishments include:
- Dismissal of an action seeking a multi-million dollar recovery from a major rental car company due to the death of a motorcyclist. The dismissal was upheld in the Court of Appeals.
- Achieving a summary judgment in favor of the defendant in a construction negligence case under the res ipsa loquitur theory that was affirmed on appeal.
- Obtaining the dismissal of a personal injury case against an airline under the Warsaw Convention’s statute of limitations.
Kevin interned for a judge in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois and as a prosecutor for the Madison County, Illinois State’s Attorney’s office.
- J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law (2002), executive editor, Saint Louis University Public Law Review
- B.A., summa cum laude, Russian studies and political science, Saint Louis University (1999), Political Science Department Outstanding Senior award, Dean’s list
- Supreme Courts of Missouri and Illinois
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Seventh and Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Missouri, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- The Missouri Bar
- St. Clair County Bar Association