David R. Bohm
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- J.D., Washington University School of Law (1984)
- B.A., Washington University (1978)
David’S BLOG POSTS
Hold the Scissors – Telling Employee to Cut Hair Can Lead to Your Company Suffering a HaircutWe have all seen hairstyles that made us ask the question, “... Read more »
Is This by Consent? Changes to Missouri Supreme Court Rule Affect Use of Non-party SubpoenasPart of a series on issues related to Manufacturers, Distrib... Read more »
To Prevail on a Trademark or Unfair Competition Claim There Must Be a Likelihood of ConfusionPart of a series on issues related to Manufacturers, Distrib... Read more »
David Bohm is an experienced litigator working with health care, government, and business clientele. He handles matters involving employment, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and complex contracts, and represents clients before various administrative agencies. He is skilled in mediation and arbitration techniques as an alternative to litigation.
Employment. David represents clients in disputes involving claims of discrimination, wrongful termination, including whistleblower suits, disclosure of trade secrets, and violation of non-compete agreements. He also advises employers about how to prevent discrimination and other claims.
Intellectual Property. While his work in this area consists primarily of litigation involving trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets, David also advises companies on how to protect their intangible property rights.
Health Care. David defends doctors, nurses, psychologists, and other health care professionals facing discipline from licensing agencies, including the Mo. State Board of Registration for the Healing Arts, or who are threatened with loss or restriction of hospital privileges.
Government. David counsels clients about, and litigates, issues involving under-funded public pensions, liquor licensing, zoning, building codes, and hazardous waste handling. He is a former Assistant St. Louis City Counselor, and is seasoned in representing clients before state and local licensing and regulatory agencies.
David has argued before the Supreme Court of Missouri, the Missouri Court of Appeals, and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has assisted in briefing cases before the U.S. Supreme Court and other federal Circuit Courts of Appeal. Since joining the firm, he has drafted several bills, which have been enacted as state statutes, including the Missouri Religious Freedom Restoration Act and a law permitting social service agencies to act as guardians for disabled individuals.
David received the Albert “Red” Villa Human Rights Award from the St. Louis Civil Rights Commission (1992), the Jurisprudence Award from the Anti-Defamation League (1994), and, with his family, the Netzach Award from the St. Louis chapter of the American Jewish Committee (2008).
- United Way of St. Louis, multiple committees
- Missourians for Religious Freedom, former chair
- St. Louis Jewish Community Relations Council, former president
- Jewish Council for Public Affairs: treasurer, former co-chair of the task force on Jewish Security and Bill of Rights
- St. Louis Jewish Federation, former board member
- Temple Shaare Emeth, former board member
- St. Louis Israel Business and Technology Committee, co-chair
- Coalition on Environment and Jewish Life, board member
- Judge: Former St. Louis Excise Commissioner Robert Kraiberg Should Be ReinstatedIn March 2016, the City of St. Louis fired Robert... Read more »
- Danna McKitrick Continues to Support the Mission of the Missouri Physicians Health Program(l-r) David Bohm, attorney, with Robert Bondurant and Mary Fahey... Read more »
- Federal Judge Rules in Favor of PSL Owners in Lawsuit Against the RamsA federal judge in St. Louis has ruled that persons... Read more »